AUG 8.
I.
I’ve got until Tuesday off, so I thought I’d pick a couple of the classics
I’ve had sitting around and just read for fun. I’ve got a few Dostoevsky
stories I wanna read, like White Nights, The Dream of a Ridiculous Man, and A
Gentle Creature (it’s also called The Meek One). Then there’s Candide by
Voltaire, The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe, Oblomov by Ivan
Goncharov, Eugene Onegin by Alexander Pushkin, Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol, The
Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, and The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo
Tolstoy. I’m not even gonna try to finish all of these ’cause my little sis has
the exact same energy as Umaru-chan and I know how this is gonna go.
II.
Tuesday’s when I start my sales-prep. But have I ever told you how
this whole thing started? I actually got hooked on this stuff after watching
our trainer struggle to get this guy to buy something he needed anyway. It was
just antivirus for his laptop. I was like, why’s he saying no? And I guess
that’s when I started being like, what do people take to the grave? I mean,
what they weren’t saying, why they stall, why they’d rather risk a cyberattack over
just telling me 'no', and what on earth made them trust me.
So I wasn’t
even sitting there thinking, ‘How do I sell this?’ I was just having an
existential crisis over why people lie to me all day long. Imagine my surprise
when more experienced reps started asking how I was doing it just
'cause I was bringing in the most sales.
Aug 9.
I was watching some Japanese YouTubers going on about books and manga when I
came across a cover of Haiiro to Ao and started singing along. Now this song's
got me wanting to get on a train somewhere and just stare out the window. Have
you ever had that feeling where you get nostalgic for stuff you didn't even
appreciate back then?
Now it’s making me think back to when I was little and how I’d snoop through my older sister's Japanese books just to admire her handwriting.
No comments:
Post a Comment